Frequently I get the question where to start with development on SharePoint Online, Apps for SharePoint, Office 365. To bundle these resources and provide a nice quick start on your development this page sums up the online resources available.
Which training to take?
Just starting on Office 365 development with Apps for SharePoint and/or Apps for Office? You definitely want to read and take these training modules.
- Introduction to Office 365 Development, http://aka.ms/Intro-O365-Dev
- SharePoint for Developer, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/sharepoint/fp123633
- SharePoint 2013 training for IT Pros, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/sharepoint/fp123606
What to follow?
The number of blogs on the internet is overwhelming, but these you need to track to be on the edge!
- Office Blogs, http://blogs.office.com
- Office Blogs Developer, http://blogs.office.com/dev
- Vesa Juvonen, http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vesku
- Steve Peschka, http://blogs.technet.com/b/speschka
- Kirk Evans, http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kaevans
What to listen?
If you want to keep up with the latest facts start listening podcasts in your car, on your bike, when working out…
- Overview podcasts, http://dev.office.com/podcasts
- Office 365 Developer Podcast, http://blogs.office.com/?filter=true&filter-type=podcast
- Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices weekly webcasts, https://channel9.msdn.com/blogs/OfficeDevPnP
- Office Dev Show, https://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Office-Dev-Show
- Microsoft Cloud Show, http://www.microsoftcloudshow.com
- Windows Weekly, http://twit.tv/ww
What tools to use?
While working on SharePoint solutions tooling is mandatory to get the job done!
- SharePoint Client Browser, https://spcb.codeplex.com (shameless self promotion)
- More tools, check https://bramdejager.wordpress.com/tools
Other very use full resources are listed below.